Wednesday, November 19, 2008

TALLY HO!!




Jim Taylor with (L-R) Blacky, Gracie, Speckles and Patch.
















Me with "A Team" and soon to be pheasant dinner.


TALLY HO!!

TO: ALL BIG WOODS HARE HUNTERS OF THE ALLEGHENY

FROM: THE CEO OF THE BWHHs of THE ALLEGHENY


GREETINGS,

Yesterday, November 18, 2008, Jim Taylor, Leo Crawford (a friend of Jim's) and myself hunted for Eastern Cottontail at State Game Lands 244 in Jefferson county Pennsylvania. What a GREAT day we had! The hounds; Patch, Blacky, Gracie, Speckles and Wiggles did a great job. Not only did they not embarrass their owner and handler but made him proud. Sometimes all the dog training and hard work pays off.

Leo made two nice shots killing both rabbits. I killed one and Jim killed one. There were some missed shots on flying pheasants too.

I think I failed to tell you about the pheasant I shot last week, on the fly, with my contender. Not only was it a great shot but the bird was great eating. I plucked it instead of skinning and it was cooked on a beer can filled with Sam Adam's October Fest. A meal fit for a king or better yet a meal fit for a red neck like me. We have been eating some mighty good rabbit meals too. "Rabbit Supreme" for one was really tasty. I couldn't stop eating. I have also enjoyed some great rabbit pot pie.

Joe Jr. will be home for Thanksgiving next Wednesday. We will be getting out for cottontail Thursday, Friday and Saturday I hope. Anyone wanting to go along can give me a call. We would love to have your company.

All for now.

Fraternally In Beagling and Hare Hunting,
Joe













No comments: