Friday, April 10, 2009

EMAIL FROM A FRIEND

TALLY HO!!
TO: THE LOYAL ORDER OF THE BIG WOODS HARE HUNTERS OF THE ALLEGHENY

--- On Tue, 4/7/09, beagleman23@aol.com wrote:
From: beagleman23@aol.com Subject: beagles running foxTo: jrewing47@yahoo.comDate: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 2:42 PM
Hey Joe,
I've been keeping up on the blog. Glad you had a good trip with no lost dogs.Anyway, one of the newer Officers at work comes from a beagling family. He posed a question and I told him I would check with you. He states that the last two seasons, only in late February, that his beagles run fox. They find them hours later, miles away. He is wondering if this is due to the vixen possibly being in heat? I have an idea what you're going to say but I told him I would ask anyway. Best wishes to you and Brenda,
Bill
(Bill Moreland BWHH is from Alden, NY, A member of the Board of The Big Woods Hare Hunters of The Allegheny and hunts Snowshoe Hare on the Allegheny Plateay)

Hey Bill,
Only in late Feb.??
Beats me! What is the "vixen"? Oh yeah! The female fox.
I never heard of it, i.e., the fox chasing.

Fraternally,
Joe

No comments: